Chicago - Slane Irish Coffee SHOWDOWN
Official Rules and Regulations
Slane Irish Whiskey will be hosting a bartender barista Irish Coffee competition. Entries may be submitted beginning on September 9th, 2019. Entry deadline is November 17, 2019 (11:59 pm CT). This year’s Slane Irish Coffee SHOWDOWN event will take place on January 23rd, 2020 at, Metropolis Coffee Company’s roastery, 3057 N Rockwell St, Chicago, IL 60618, Slane Irish Whiskey wants to find out who makes the best Irish Coffee cocktail in the city. Working bartenders & baristas are asked to read the rules below and then submit their Slane Irish Coffee recipes by going to www.slaneirishwhiskey.com/bartenders-and-bartistas, registering and submitting your entry by Sunday, November 17th, 2019 at 11:59 central time.
To enter you must be in a Team. A Team consists of two people: one bartender and one barista.
● This program is open to all working bartenders & baristas in the Chicagoland area who are part of a two person team
● Competitors must be at least 21 years of age
● Competitors must be legal U.S. residents working in the Chicago land area
● Competitors cannot be employed by liquor companies or distributors. Competitors may not hold any sort of retail beverage alcohol license
● No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited
Slane Irish Coffee Recipe Submission Requirements
● Limit one entry per Team
● Using the attached website entry form each Team must complete every field required including: recipe, method, inspiration behind recipe, and entry of each Team member/competitor contact and bio information, one photo of drink, one photo of the Team and submit the entry
● Failure to properly enter every required field makes the entry ineligible.
● Recipe must contain a minimum of 1 fl oz. of Slane Irish Whiskey
● Recipe can contain up to 1 oz. of another spirit which must be available in the Chicago market
● Homemade syrups are allowed
● Bitters and garnishes are allowed and are considered ingredients
● The total alcohol content of the recipe (prior to dilution) can be no greater than 2.5 oz. plus bitters and garnish.
● Including: Spirits, coffee, bitters, sugar/syrup and garnish recipe submission can contain no more than SIX ingredients
Submission Judging; Fan Popular Vote; Fan Popular Vote Prizes
● All online submissions will be reviewed by the local Slane Irish Whiskey Brand Team for compliance with these rules. Slane Irish Whiskey may not make corrections to entries.
● Fan Vote: Beginning November 17 at 12:00 noon CT, Drink photos, descriptions and the names of the teams submitted will be featured online and fans can vote for the “Fan Favorite” on the Slane website, based on the cocktails taste, presentation, and inspiration, that will be awarded separately from other prizes at the January 23th Event. Fan must be at least 21 years old to be eligible to vote. Fans must register on the website. Including their name, date of birth and email address. The voter window closes on January 15, 2020 at 12:00 noon CT.
● FAN to vote using the following criteria:
• Bartender and/or Barista
● Limit one vote per email address per day.
● The entry with the most votes will be the Fan Popular Winner, Second Place and Third Place
● Fan Popular Winner Prize: $500.00
● Fan Popular Second Place Prize: $250.00
● Fan Popular Third Place Prize: 100
● Taxes are the sole responsibility of Fan Popular Prize winner. A 1099 may be issued. No substitution/transfer of prize permitted. Alcohol is not part of any prize. Each Fan Popular Prize will be divided in half, one half payable by check to each member of the winning TEAM.
NOTIFICATION: DELIVERY OF POPULAR FAN WINNEP RIZE(S)
● Teams will be awarded the Fan Prize in person in the form of a check at the Showdown event, 1/23. If the Team is unable to attend, then team members will be notified by phone and email on Monday, 1/27, and provided that by February 15, 2020, the potential winner provides a physical mailing address the prize(s) will be delivered by mail. The Prize will be divided in to two with equal amounts being paid to each eligible member of the winning team. Unclaimed prize(s) will not be awarded.
There will be a LIVE EVENT (The Showdown) :
A panel of judges selected by the Sponsor shall select the finalist teams from among all eligible on line entries to compete at a live event on Monday January 23, 2020. The Finalist Teams will be selected based on recipe and presentation
● Finalist Teams will be notified no later than Monday, January 16th of their status for the SHOWDOWN live final competition.
● All details for Finalists and how to compete in the SHOWDOWN will be sent via email on or about January 16, 2020.
● The SHOWDOWN will occur as part of the Slane Irish Coffee SHOWDOWN on January 23th, 2020 at (Metropolis Coffee Company roastery (3057 N Rockwell St, Chicago, IL 60618).
● The SHOWDOWN grand prize winner Team will be determined by a panel of four judges selected by Slane
● Finalist Teams will prepare one full size “presentation” Irish Coffee cocktail to the four judges upon request and tell the judge the inspiration for their particular Irish Coffee Cocktail recipe the presentation cocktail must be the recipe/cocktails submitted per the entry registration
● Recipes will be judged on perceived balance, use of the selected Slane Irish Whiskey, the inspiration behind the recipe, and the amount of time it takes to make the cocktail.
● The Winner Team will be announced at the conclusion of the Slane Irish Coffee SHOWDOWN live finals
SHOWDOWN Event/Final’s Prizes
● 1st Place: $1,000
● 2nd Place: $500
● 3rd Place: $250
SHOWDOWN EVENT?FINAL Prize(s) will be split in half. Each half payable by check to each eligible member of a Showdown Winning Team
● All teams competing in the live finals will receive $100 Swag Bag
● Taxes are the sole responsibility of prize winner (s). A 1099 may be issued. No substitution/transfer of prize permitted. Alcohol is not part of any prize.
Submit Your Recipe Today
LINK FOR SUBMISSION: http://www.slaneirishwhiskey.com/bartender-and-baristas
Additional Rules and Requirements
Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar methods will be void. Any attempt by a person to use multiple email accounts or identities to gain more entries than permitted by these Official Rules shall result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the “authorized account holder” associated with the email address at the time of entry, which must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by the service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. Potential winners may be required to provide evidence (to Sponsor’s satisfaction) that they are the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the person who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. Entries and other submitted material become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Refer to Additional rules below for more details regarding the requirements for your entry.
Additional Requirements for Entry:
Entries must be in English. Entries must not allude to the over-consumption or irresponsible consumption of beverage alcohol. Entries that do not include all required information and do not adhere to the foregoing and following requirements will be considered void and will not be considered in the judging of this contest. Entries that are deemed by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be illegal, obscene, profane or not in keeping with Sponsor's image will be disqualified.
By submitting an entry, you warrant that:
● You are the creator of the entry.
● The entry is wholly original.
● The entry does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, including any current or former employer, and does not defame any person or identify any person by name other identifying information.
● The entry has not previously been entered in any other contest.
● The Entry has not been previously published in any medium.
● The entry does not violate any law or regulation.
● Sponsor's determination as to whether any entry potentially violates the rights of any third party is final.
Employees of Brown-Forman, their affiliates, liquor wholesale licensees, as well as advertising/ promotion agencies and their immediate family members and household members of each and retail license holders are not eligible. This promotion is void wherever prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. In the event that the contest is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority, Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Contest, or to disqualify participants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such event, Sponsor shall have no liability to any entrants who are disqualified due to such an action. You must be at least 21 years of age to be eligible. Contest void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
By accepting a prize, any winner: (a) releases Brown-Forman and their affiliated companies and licensed alcohol wholesalers and retailers from any/all liability claims, action or proceedings arising out of or for injuries or damages sustained while involved in any promotion activity or connection with the use of the prizes; as well as (b) consents to the use by Brown-Forman for promotional purposes in connection with this promotion, of his or her name and/or likeness and/ or voice without further compensation where permitted. Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release.
The Sponsor and participating promotional companies are not in any way liable for damage, loss or injury resulting from computer malfunctions, misdirected or incomplete entries or acceptance and use of the prize. Brown-Forman reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this contest should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the contest. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel terminate or suspend the contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such attempt.
I acknowledge that I have read and understood the rules & regulations pertaining to
Slane Irish Coffee SHOWDOWN, sponsored by Slane Irish Whiskey.
For a list of the winners, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Red Moon Marketing, 4100 Coca-Cola Plaza #215, Charlotte, NC 28211. Do NOT send entries to this address.
Please Sip Responsibly.
Slane Irish Whiskey is a registered trademark.
Slane Irish Whiskey, 40% Alc/by Vol Brown-Forman Distillers Company, Louisville, KY